Sunday, December 20, 2009

Life is all about your stories


Sometimes I just stand there and wonder why I interpret the world as I do. I mean seriously, things just can't be that funny, can they? To me, most things are funny, ridiculous or utterly insane for reasons I cannot explain. The fact that I'm sitting here in my living room with "Little Hotties" stuck to each foot makes me wonder if I'm dealing with a full deck. Little Hotties are hand and foot warmers. The kind you take out of the package, shake them a little and they heat up. The ones for your feet look just like sanitary napkins, sticky-back and all and they come complete with explicit instructions to stick them to your socks and NOT your feet (God Forbid) and to be sure you remove them immediately if they get too hot. Now this is where I start getting insulted because I figure if I'm smart enough to read and open the package, I certainly should be smart enough to remove them when I start on fire. Sheesh.....what genius invented these. And where'd you find the brilliant lawyer to draft those air tight liability instructions. Any way, they didn't work but I'll take a run at the hand warmers tomorrow. And then, since I have a whole case of these things.....I'm gonna come up with something, perhaps a new application so I can use up the box. I'm open to ideas.

7 comments:

  1. Nice layout for your blog. I am wondering if you also wear your socks to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See... the sticky, hot-footy thing is easily remedied. Slip out of your mucklucks and snuggies and into some warmer climes! Southern California is a nippy 52 degrees this morning - no hot, sticky-footy accessories required. However, we do so enjoy your stories about life on the tundra - do tell.
    SS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would much rather hear about the sanitary napkin looking things than your personal experience with items listed on the cover of the book you are reading. Keep me posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These have "Stocking Stuffers" written all over them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't the footwarmers work better on the bottom of your feet instead of the top where the heat just rises? And I want to know where you found that book...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Make certain not to store that case of sock warmers near any other products of similar appearance. It's hard to drive an ambulance with incurable giggles. You'd never make it to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always thought "marketeers" were kind of different. Do you think the "genuis" who invented the hot footy asked anybody if they really needed them? And did the FDA mandate the approval of up or bottom side of the foot?

    ReplyDelete